I came across the term, ‘Portion Distortion’ quite recently and decided to share:
Want to keep your weight in check? It’s all about portion control. Remember the following ff (food facts) especially during this holiday season:
• Using smaller plates, bowls and drink glasses may help to reduce how much you eat.
• Eating breakfast may help to control appetite all day; it really is the most important meal.
• Watching TV while eating tends to create a distraction that may cause you to eat more.
At the supermarket:
• Beware of "mini-snacks" -- tiny crackers, cookies, and pretzels. Most people end up eating more than they realize, and the calories add up.
• Choose foods packaged in individual serving sizes.
• If you're the type who eats ice cream out of the carton, pick up ice cream sandwiches or other individual size servings.
Remember: “Low-fat” foods often boost flavor with extra sugar, making calorie savings an illusion. Sugar quite easily turns into the ‘F’ word- FAT...