1. Stair Climbing Burns More Calories Than Jogging (less pressure on the knees)
2. Stair Climbing Reduces the Risk of Stroke
3. Stair Climbing Improves Cardiovascular Fitness (heart health)
4. Stair Climbing Strengthens Muscles (who doesn't want to feel stronger?)
5. Stair Climbing Is an Easy Way to Combat a Sedentary Lifestyle
Taking the stairs whenever possible is a quick and easy way to break out of that sedentary lifestyle and add more physical activity and movement to your everyday life.
Oh yeah, a very important reason to avoid the elevator and take the stairs -
6. You Don’t Have to Listen to Elevator Music (ha ha ha)